Ways to Give
Are you passionate about encouraging the final completion, maintenance, wayfinding, and spur trail connections of the Spokane River Centennial Trail? Do your values resonate with the community treasure your Trail provides? Join us! Become a member or make a charitable contribution to support your Spokane River Centennial Trail.
Become a Member
Friends of the Centennial Trail membership is your voice to complete and sustain the Spokane River Centennial Trail. Benefits include “On the Trail” quarterly e-news and “Trail Topics” newsflashes, member decal, project surveys and e-newsletter recognition. JOIN HERE
Mission Park Monument Tribute Gifts
Placed at Mile 20, the Mission Park Monument honors and memorializes others through three levels of support:
- Sky – gifts $5,000 and above
- Water – gifts of $1,000 to $4,999
- Earth – gifts of $200 to $999
The following language is suggested for obituaries: “In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in memory of [name of deceased] to Friends of the Centennial Trail, P.O. Box 351, Spokane, WA 99210.
Two ways to make your Mission Park Monument gift:
- Make a secure online donation here.
- Download gift form here, complete and mail with donation to Friends of the Centennial Trail.
Memorials received from September 1 through August 31 are engraved on the monument every fall. Engraving sponsored by: Monument sponsored by:
Link your business with Friends of the Centennial Trail! Promote your brand and mission to the active audience we reach. Opportunities include the Plan Your Trip Program, Unveil the Trail clean-up, underwriting our maps, newsletters and website. Sponsorship benefits are coordinated to maximize exposure. Contact us to discuss creative options.
Designate Friends of the Centennial Trail through your payroll workplace giving campaign:
- Donor Advised Funds
- United Way Live United and designate Friends of the Centennial Trail when you make your pledge.
- Washington Combined Fund Drive (Agency Code #8781)
- Inland Northwest Combined Federal Campaign (Agency Code #79487)
- Your own corporate workplace giving campaign
Does your employer match charitable contributions or support employee volunteer hours with matching funds? If so, please designate Friends of the Centennial Trail! Obtain the proper matching gift form from your human resources office, complete and mail it to us. We will verify your personal gift was received, qualifies for a match and will send the completed form back to your employer to receive the matching funds; a great way to double or triple your support of the Centennial Trail!
Trail Builder’s Fund
The Trail Builder’s Fund was created to leverage community donations and assist with shortfalls for Centennial Trail gap completion, sustainability and enhancement projects. Funds are distributed for projects as determined and approved by our Board of Directors.
Remaining Gap Completion Projects:
- Mile 13.5-15 – Argonne/Maringo Gap – moving 2 miles of the Trail away from busy arterial streets.
Trail Sustainability Projects:
- Asphalt Repairs, Upgrades & Seal Coating
- Signage and Wayfinding – over 400 new directional signs are needed to upgrade and consistently sign the Centennial Trail along its span.
- Trail Mapping – we provide a digital map, printed maps and posters in Centennial Trail kiosks so users can find their way. We hope to launch an App so users can navigate by smartphones.
- Enhancement Projects – the Centennial Trail needs upgraded trailheads, native landscaping and educational, historical and cultural information.
Two ways to make your gift today:
- Make your secure online designated Trail Builder’s gift here!
- Mail in your donation (payable to FCT Trail Builder’s Fund): Friends of the Centennial Trail, P.O. Box 351, Spokane, WA 99210
Local businesses and families have adopted miles of our Centennial Trail since 1991, pledging to support their mile through donations, employee/member engagement and our annual Unveil the Trail clean up. Partner signs may be found on our maps and Trail mile markers. Contact us if you are interested in an Adopt-a-Mile partnership.
Leave your legacy with the Centennial Trail. Remember us as you plan your estate, through bequests from your will or trust, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, or gifts of life insurance or retirement plan assets. Contact us for sample bequest language.
Gifts of Securities
Supporting the Centennial Trail through your sale of stocks, bonds or mutual funds can have a great impact on the Trail and bring you a tax deduction. Please let us know of your plans to make a gift of securities so we may properly coordinate your gift.
Donors who give through established foundations or donor-advised funds are asked to contact our Executive Director. We are happy to provide completed applications and supporting documents to meet your guidelines.
Fundraise Your Way!
Your business or group can assist us with a fund drive to raise money for a Centennial Trail project. Some ideas include a raffle, car wash, bake sale, garage sale and asking for donations in lieu of receiving gifts. Let us know what you plan to do and when your event is taking place so we can help spread the word.
A volunteer coordinator is available to work with individuals and groups interested in assisting with Centennial Trail projects and maintenance. Ready to help out? Contact us for employee engagement activities, individual or group volunteer projects.